Safenet Systems CCTV News Blog
Domestic CCTV Installations in Dublin
CCTV has become more popular in the domestic market in recent years. This is down to several aspects listed below:
• With CCTV being so competitive, cheaper systems are available and more affordable to home owners.
• The introduction of DVR’s (digital video recorders) means no more video tapes.
• DVR’s can be quite small and don’t take up much room.
• CCTV is a great deterrent.
• CCTV can provide evidence.
• Remote dialling means you can view your CCTV systems live footage from anywhere in the world either on a pc/laptop, ipad/tablet or even a smart phone.
• CCTV is now common place and is seen as successful, so to want it to help protect your home is only natural.
The DVR is the device that records all the footage from CCTV cameras. DVR’s have built in hard drives which hold the footage. Once the hard drive is full the DVR will start to record over recorded footage from the earliest point. Basically once the hard drive is full it will always be full, but constantly recording new and deleting old footage.
The most common question we get from home owners interested in CCTV is “how long will the DVR record for?”. There are various methods of getting longer recording times out of a DVR, but each method will reduce the quality of recording. Our reply to the question is “how long would you like it to record for?” or “what is the longest period you are ever away from your home?”.
The most common answer for being away from home is 2 weeks. In this case we would advise to set the DVR up to record at it’s best quality allowing 16-17 days recording.
CCTV cameras have advanced so much in recent years. We recommend the use of dome cameras as they offer more protection from vandalism and it can be hard to see where the dome is pointed. Domes are available with IR LED’s to help night time viewing.
These days, with the increasing sophistication of criminals, protecting your home and family has never been more challenging. However, one of the most effective ways to secure your home is to install a CCTV System from Safenet CCTV.
Research shows that CCTV in a property does reduce the chance of a crime taking place in that property. CCTV is shown to displace crime. In other words, the potential intruder will move on to another property that does not have CCTV.
Whether you want to monitor your property grounds, street traffic or internal views, our modern CCTV systems are effective and affordable for all households. Each CCTV system Safenet installation is specific to our customer’s requirements.
Start protecting your business with the newest technologies, contact Safenet CCTV for a quote today
Safenet Systems, Howth, Co. Dublin
Tel: 01 816 7982
Mob: 085 220 1207